Saturday 31 August 2019

Ground with a view

Wednesday 28 August 2019, Llanfair United 0 Penrhyncoch 1 - Cymru North, Mount Field



I tend to visit North Wales every Easter but recently have added a second late Summer trip- the reason for the visit is to take a group of teenagers walking but for the last 4 trips I have managed to escape on one evening for a game of football, so this August I found myself watching Llanfair.



Not a great game, poor ref, both teams giving away niggly fouls with the visitors willing to play any professional trick to get an advantage. There was some good football and I was impressed with the home team number 5 - but what did stand out was the view. the ground perched above the village, a steam railway and a church below and to top it off the grandstand built into a grass bank - what was not to like about this ground - a nice place to spend a late August evening.








No comments:

Post a Comment