Saturday 17 March 2018

Football survives the mini Beast of the East

Saturday 17 March 2018, Felixstowe and Walton Utd 1 Newmarket Town 2 - Dellwood Avenue, Thurlow Nunn, Premier Division


I like going to Felixstowe, know a number of their fans, easy trip and it is even better now with a cracking new clubhouse, good catering and the team are top of the table - but I am not sure I will go again!


First, it was bloody cold, as mini Beast of the East hit East Anglia. The club are organised and that showed as the pitch was in good condition, an early pitch inspection and blue lines painted - only fault was a white not yellow match ball.


But the main reason I may not go again is that I am not sure I will be made welcome, I just seem to be a jinx - seen the home team play 3 times this year and twice they have been defeated and in the third game they were lucky to win.

So it is not the 'mockney's' in the bar who are putting me off it is I do not want to upset my mates, and jinx another Felixstowe game and in doing so hand the title to an Essex team.

No comments:

Post a Comment