Sunday 7 November 2010

Escape from Portsmouth


Saturday 6th November
Havant and Waterlooville 0 Droylsden 2, FA Cup Round 1 - Westleigh Park

Thought that I would have a weekend without football as found myself in Portsmouth visiting my daughter, but fatherly tasks over quicker than I thought, I found myself at Havant to watch the FA Cup 1st round. Havant who are one of the more recent of those non-league teams with a giant killing pedigree but this afternoon they found themselves beaten quite soundly by Droylsden. The first half was close but the second half saw the Manchester side run out deserved winners.
the ground itself was a disappointment, large enough but the stands were bland in appearance.
Havant support was quite noisy but the crowd was quite low, a surprise with Portsmouth not playing at home. But my second FA Cup game of the season, Clacton, Havant - where next?

No comments:

Post a Comment